Friday, February 1, 2008

FAVORITE MEMORY(s) of my Prophet... President Hinckley....

This whole week since President Hinckley passed away... i have not taken the chance to write some words about the prophet i have grown to love and who i have always loved. also because i have been posting all the content (well most of it) on the blog and getting the blog up and running.

now i want to write some words from my heart- although nothing i write could ever be sufficent enough.

I remember the day i met him. He was recieving an award that he earned and that the Sons of the American Revolution wanted to give and present to him- my father is in that organization (A member) and so was President Hinckley anyhow we had a banquet at the Joseph Smith Bldg. and he came with his sweet marjorie and i remember mingling with other guests before the banquet started and then all the sudden some how i knew he had arrived and i told some other people and everyone just turned around and became silent and showed such love and respect for him and the same after he gave a talk on behalf of the award he had just recieved and stuff. And i remember how i felt going to the head table and shaking his and marjories hand- i think i may have had a picture taken with him and his sweet marjorie and myself.

I wish i could find it. However if i do i will scan it and add it to the blog or this post!

President Hinckley was always my favorite part of general conference and i am so greatful for his spirit and love that he has shown to all of us and i believe always will through his spirit. I can't wait to see him again when i get on the other side and in heaven and i hope and pray i can live my life so when i go i will be worthy to be able to see him and be in his presence.

I remember when i would send him birthday cards and letters and would help my nephew who is almost 3 and who just loves president hinckley send pictures etc. as well.

I Love you President Hinckley and miss you! and can't wait till we meet again!

No comments: